For more than 60 years, Yamaha Motor has been bringing pleasure to millions of people by using ingenuity and enthusiasm to constantly surpass customer expectations, thereby enriching their lives. Founded in 1968, Yamaha Motor Europe N.V. (YME) is the regional headquarters in Europe of Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd. in Japan.
YME is responsible for coordinating the marketing and sales activities of Yamaha Motor products in the European marketplace, mainly: Yamaha motorcycles and scooters, marine outboard engines, Wave runner water vehicles, 4-wheel All-Terrain Vehicles (ATV’s), golf cars, snowmobiles and generators.
For YME, for the Division Brand Marketing, located at Schiphol-Rijk in the Netherlands we are looking for an enthusiastic, fulltime
The Event Lead will coordinate and manage the Event team and grant consistent execution of the approved marketing plans, managing central produced events/activities in Europe and supporting distributors in local execution.
- As a part of the Marketing plan execution, organize pan-European Press Launches for all products category (if required in the product strategy).
- The responsibility includes the full event organization (location scouting, pre-shooting, presentation setting, budget management, etc.) to welcome media invited by Distributor who are main window for media relations.
- Support Distributors in the preparation and execution of local press launches.
- Planning, execution, monitoring and reporting of the International Press Conferences.
- Organize Customer events to promote our Brand/products on relevant target groups (Yamaha attendance to Customer events, demo tours).
- Coordinate and support Distributors in executing local activities to grant consistency with the marketing strategy.
- Support Customers services to engage them during all product lifecycle (e.g. adventure trip with Yamaha products, demo tours).
- Manage and coordinate suppliers and all event logistics.
- Be the window for agencies in the preparation / execution of all events/activities.
- Planning, execution, monitoring and reporting of the International Trade Fairs and shows.
- Support Distributors on the execution of local shows to grant consistency with the pan-European marketing strategy.
- Prepare (maintaining updated) and share with internal Departments a calendar of events for effective long term planning & management.
- Plan visits to all pan-European events to secure the proper execution and improvements actions.
- Support the Department Manager Brand Marketing to manage the approved/assigned budget.
- Associate degree/Master degree or Bachelor level Education in marketing, event management or another related field.
- 3 - 5 years of work experience in a similar role in event management, preferably in the Motorcycle industry or Automotive;
- (Project) management skills.
- Excellent organization skills and detail oriented.
- Pro-active, able to motivate others, problem solving.
- Excellent communications skills in an international environment.
- Good improvisation and negotiation skills.
- Good at working under pressure.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language, both spoken and in writing.
- Affinity with our products;
- Availability to travel over 50% of the time.
- International environment where you can learn and develop.
- Professional A-brand organization.
- Independent, responsible and challenging position.
- Good terms of employment:
- 13th month payment
- Travel allowance
- Additional leave days
- First contract will be a temporary contract, with the intension to extend or offer an indefinite contract.
- Additional benefits:
- Staff bike program
- Mobile & Laptop (if applicable)
- License support
- Staff discount on Yamaha products
Apply for this job!
If you are interested in this position and you would like to apply, please send your application via our application page.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered.