IDC is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets. With more than 1,100 analysts worldwide, IDC offers global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries. IDC's analysis and insight helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community to make fact-based technology decisions and to achieve their key business objectives. Founded in 1964, IDC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of International Data Group (IDG), the world's leading media, data and marketing services company that activates and engages the most influential technology buyers.
The conference manager has overall responsibility for the planning, execution, and financial success of our event business in Benelux. A critical part of the role is related to integrating the events business with the overall product portfolio of IDC to offer IDC’s customers unique integrated content-driven marketing solutions supporting our customers’ market education-, lead generation- and lead nurturing- activities.
This position is responsible for:
- The profit and loss of the Benelux event operation – including meeting the financial goals for the business as well as creating the long term strategic growth
- Work closely with internal clients, subject matter experts, and external customers on event organization.
- Identify and recruit delegates, speakers and advisory board members - construct content for the agenda, recruitment messaging and promotional campaign
- Partner with internal IDC creative & marketing team, clients and other groups to create high quality content & presentation materials - Including event website & content for multimedia and social channels
- Overall management, coordination and supervision of the implementation and execution of the plan – including overall stakeholder management: sponsors, partners, moderators, analysts, external speakers, media, etc.
- Drive sales of integrated marketing solutions by working closely with IDC’s customers to support them with their overall go-to-market activities from positioning and messaging to awareness building and lead-generation
- Engage continuously with customers stakeholders developing strong relationships both outside and inside the company and generally support sales in terms of developing sales tools, presentations, value propositions, proposals, etc.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with analysts, sales and marketing personnel throughout the company
IDC’s event business is - like our research business - truly global in nature. We have regional conference teams in place in all regions; Asia/Pacific, EMEA, Latin America and North America - with local, dedicated conference managers on the ground in more than 40 countries worldwide. With the success and continued growth of IDC’s conference business, we are now looking for a strong conference manager for our Benelux operation reporting into the Vice President for events and IMP for the Nordic and Benelux area.
What does the ideal candidate look like?
The ideal candidate is an autonomous and independent person who takes a project from initiation to execution with total ownership. The person is also dynamic/extrovert of nature, a relationship builder; business-development oriented and possesses the following characteristics:
- Passionate, energetic and enthusiastic with a dynamic, "business developer focused" mindset. Constantly in design-mode in terms of new projects/initiatives and continuously interacting with the market
- A "Solutions Architect" for customized, integrated marketing campaigns (entailing events as well as other IDC go-to-market products). This require a profound understanding of customers' marketing requirements - which is acquired by listening to and interacting with the customers constantly – as well as the ability to very effectively facilitate collaboration across functions to meet these customers demands
- A coordinator by nature with some experience form successful event management and execution
- A person with profound communications- and copy-writing skills - excellent ability to transform complex text into commercial, appealing and clear messages which work on all media platforms including socialA team player who is exceptionally skilled when it comes to building relationships and who understands how to engage with, manage, and motivate all the relevant stakeholders externally as well as internally (sales, analysts, the conference team, etc.)
- Hold a business degree or equivalent
- Fluent in Dutch and English (and preferably French) written and spoken and possesses good ICT skills
- Willing to work and attend events outside standard working hours and travel if necessary, and do some travels in Europe
- A proven track record of successful conference and event management and execution
- Highly focused on achieving quality results
- Independent strategic thinker, self-motivated, creative and innovative
- Constructive attitude to problem solving
- An interesting job with a great degree of self management
- Extensive international team, with whom you work on a daily basis
- Good colleagues in an informal and international environment
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home
- Personal training and growth plan
- A competitive compensation package
- Pension and benefits